All Blackhawk Tire warranties must be submitted
through the point of purchase.
PASSENGER & LIGHT TRUCK TIRES
This Limited Warranty / Adjustment Policy provides for tire replacement under specified conditions. This policy applies to Blackhawk tires used in normal highway service (commercial applications excluded) displaying warrantable conditions. Tires that become unserviceable or wear out because of neglect or mistreatment are excluded from Blackhawk warranty coverage.
THIS IS THE ONLY EXPRESSED WARRANTY MADE BY SAILUN TIRE AMERICAS NO EMPLOYEE, RETAILER, DEALER, OR REPRESENTATIVE HAS THE AUTHORITY TO MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, PROMISE OR AGREEMENT THAT IN ANY WAY VARIES THE TERMS OR CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
This warranty applies to every Blackhawk replacement passenger car or light truck tire bearing the Blackhawk brand name and complete Department of Transportation serial identification number while operated in normal highway use (commercial applications excluded) in the USA. These tires are covered by this warranty for the life of the original usable tread depth (the original tread depth down to the level of tread wear indicators molded at 2/32 inch) within 60 months from the date of purchase (proof of purchases required), or if proof of purchase is not available, the coverage will be 48 months from the date of manufacture. This warranty applies only to the original tire purchaser, and is not transferrable to any other party. This time period does not represent the expected service life for tires covered by this warranty.
WHAT IS NOT WARRANTED
Tires that have become unserviceable for the following reasons:
- Improper repairs or repairs that have failed. Improper repairs will void this Limited Warranty.
- Improper maintenance which can include: improper inflation or other maintenance abuses
- Improper application or operations such as speeding, improper tire size and / or specification.
- Improper mounting / dismounting procedures, tire/wheel assembly imbalance.
- Mechanical irregularities in the vehicle or wheel, such as bent wheel assemblies, misalignment, worn or faulty components.
- Weather checking/cracking or failures after four years (48 months) from the date of manufacture.
- Tires used in commercial applications such as taxis, shuttle vehicles and couriers.
- Irregular tread wear, or worn-out (beyond 2/32nds remaining tread depth) is not covered under the Blackhawk Limited Warranty
- Road hazard injuries or damages caused by obstacles or debris, such as cuts, punctures (whether repairable or not), snags, bruises, tears, abrasions or impact breaks (whether repairable or not), etc.
- Materials added such as fillers, sealants, balancing substances and external tire treatments. If the added material is the cause of a failure the warranty will be deemed as void.
- Tires submitted for ride disturbance complaints after 25% (2/32”) tread wear.
- Tires on vehicles registered or operated outside of the USA.
- Tires not purchased in the USA through the Sailun Tire Americas distribution channel.
- Tires purchased as used.
- Tires branded by Blackhawk to note special classification at time of purchase, such as “NA” (non-adjustable), or tires altered by notching or buffing.
- Tires used on vehicles in racing or special applications.
- Tires rendered unserviceable due to snow chains or studs.
- Flat spotting due to improper storage or caused by brake lock.
- Blackhawk products produced prior to January 1, 2013.
WHAT IS WARRANTED
Tires that have become unserviceable for reasons other than stated above, within 48 months of the date of manufacturer or 60 months from the date of purchase (proof of purchase required) during its useable tread life, the tires will be replaced in accordance with this warranty.
LIMITED MILEAGE WARRANTY
|# Months||Tread Life
Select Blackhawk tires are assigned a Limited Mileage Warranty that protects the consumer against premature tread wear. If a tire reaches the end of its “usable tread life” before the stated mileage protection, the consumer will be issued a replacement Blackhawk tire on a prorated basis, which means the consumer will be responsible for a percentage of the replacement cost. In order to maintain limited mileage protection, all tires must be properly inflated, balanced, rotated and aligned as recommended by vehicle manufacturer. All claims must be accompanied by the original purchase invoice as well as invoices for all on time services provided. Under all circumstances, the cost of mounting, balancing and any other service charges including applicable taxes, disposal fees are required to be paid by the consumer.
APPROVED TIRE ROTATION INTERVALS AND PATTERNS
The purpose of regularly rotating tires is to prolong their useful life by achieving more uniform wear for all tires on a vehicle. Before rotating tires, always consult the owner’s manual for rotation recommendations for specific vehicles. If no rotation period is specified, tires should be rotated, at minimum, every 6,000 miles or at any sign of uneven wear. The first rotation is the most important. Rotating the tires as recommended by the vehicle or tire manufacturer will help even out the amount of wear on each tire and extend the life of the entire set. Such tires include: “Temporary Use Spares”, unidirectional tires and tires with asymmetric tread designs. Also, some vehicles may have different sized tires mounted on the front and rear axles, and these different sized tires have rotation restrictions. Check the owner’s manual for the proper rotation recommendations for these special cases. When tires are rotated, the inflation pressures must be adjusted for the tires’ new positions in accordance with the actual loads on that wheel position and the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations. Underinflated or overinflated tires may result in poor handling, uneven tread wear, and increased fuel consumption. If the tires show uneven wear, ask the service person to check for and correct any misalignment, imbalance, or other mechanical problem before rotation.
Passenger and Light Truck Tires When the original usable tread is worn 25% (2/32”) or less, and a warrantable condition is found, the tire will be replaced with a comparable new Blackhawk tire free of charge. Replacement tires will be mounted and balanced at the vehicle owner’s expense. Other service charges such as tire rotation, alignment or applicable taxes are payable by the customer. When a tire has worn past the above specified period for free replacement and a warrantable condition is found, the customer must pay for the cost of a new comparable Blackhawk passenger or light truck tire on a prorated basis. The dealer shall determine this cost by multiplying the percentage of usable tread worn by the current retail selling price (Suggested Retail Price x 80%) of that tire at the time of warranty replacement. The cost of mounting, balancing and any other service charges or applicable taxes are payable by the customer.